The process of attendance management involves a set of strategic plans, initiatives, and actions that organizations take to deal with employee absences, leaves, and attendance tracking. A time and attendance tracking app monitors the daily attendance and work-related activities of employees in an organization. The managers use time attendance management to ensure that employees remain consistent in their attendance, and the time that they spend at work is productive. An attendance management program has the following elements:
- A clear written and well-communicated attendance policy that addresses all rules and regulations employees need to follow regarding their attendance at work.
- A software tool to track, monitor, record, and report the attendance statistics of employees.
Remoty is a time and attendance management tool that offers advanced and extensive time tracking features for Slack users. Being a Slack built-in solution, Remoty facilitates team collaboration, audio/ video conferencing, goal-oriented meetings, brainstorming, sharing files, and creating shared calendars, notes, and memos. By integrating Remoty in Slack, you get a detailed account of time tracking/ person/ project/hour. In this article, we will discuss the most popular Slack Attendance Tracking applications.
Slack is available as a Web app (browser), a Mobile app (Android & iOS), and a Desktop app (Mac, Windows, and Linux).
Benefits of using time attendance software
Following are some of the benefits users enjoy when they use time and attendance tracking software. It:
- Enhances concentration and dedication to work
- Help prioritize and manage tasks
- Improves teams’ s productivity and company’s profitability
- Fosters transparency and visibility
- Ensures accountability
- Prevents burnout
- Empowers team members
- Help plan on basis of budget calculations and cost estimations
Features of time attendance software
- Quick to adapt, easy to use, and intuitive
- Employee payroll generation
- Simplified project management
- Time-tracking per person, per project, and per task.
- Powerful reporting daily, weekly, and monthly
- Real-time, fact-based invoicing for clients
- Data exports of all aggregated time logs into CSV or PDF files
- Alerts and notifications
- Manual corrections
Why Use Time Attendance Software?
You should consider trying out attendance management software as they:
- Save time and resources.
- Minimize paper consumption and physical storage space.
- Streamline the payroll system.
- Perform accurate analysis.
- Decrease employee time theft rate.
- Empower remote work.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and compliance with labor laws.
- Maintain employee attendance records.
- Keep track of employee work progress.
- Record attendance management for field employees.
Who may use time attendance software?
Time Trackers are ideal for:
- Remote workers
- Companies that bill by the hour
- Companies with hourly and part-time workers
- NGOs, fund raisers and charities (for budgeting, and cost estimations)
- HR Managers who want to improve their team’s productivity and time management skills
Types of time attendance software
There are various types of time tracking software designed to cater to the needs of managers/team leads associated with specific industries.
- Systems with swipe cards (suitable for on-premise employees)
- Clock in/clock out systems (timeclock devices)
- Automatic timer (tap a button to track time)
- Geolocation/geofencing systems (determines employee’s location, performs a punch-in, and records their mileage)
- Background tracking systems (capture the time users spend working with specific applications or web browser tabs)
- Systems with the manual recording (user log their hours against a task or a project themselves manually)
Buying factors to consider time attendance software
- Tracking options
- Multi Devise compatibility
- Integration capabilities
- Cloud vs. on-premise
- Powerful and insightful Reporting
- Flexibility for time and place
- Affordable pricing
Top 11 Slack Attendance Tracking Applications
Remoty is a lightweight time & tracking solution for on-premise, distributed, hybrid, and especially remote teams. It reinforces employee empowerment and aims to build a culture of responsibility and self-accountability among team members.
Remoty is a work management system. Its versatility and suitability for a diverse range of use cases make it a must-have for remote teams and freelancers. Remoty offers:
- Shared workspace
- Quick adoption for new teams
- A format with transparency and visibility
- Third-party integrations with essential applications like Asana/ ClickUp / Jira /Trello etc.
Remoty For Whom?
With its intuitive and simple-to-use interface, Remoty makes it convenient for Slack users, developers, HRs, and Clients to retrieve time and attendance data.
For the team leads, Remoty is a systematic and handy tool. It lets them utilize data for time tracking, and generate working/break time logs. It facilitates stand-ups for team members who work late hours, thus check-in/out, late, and ones that are in different time zones.
Human Resource Managers
HR managers get the all-in-one workforce management solution with Remoty. They get to optimize the workflow and productivity right from the Slack dashboard. complete a task. Data about tracked time is automatically shared there.
Being designed by developers for developers, Remoty helps bridge trust and transparency between agencies and their clients without developers breaking a sweat. It helps organizations who work with international clients with the following solutions:
- Status inquiry and updates along with work details of a given team member at a particular point in time.
- A detailed breakdown of all the tasks that were done along with precise time duration.
- Privacy protection; no screenshots, keystrokes recorded
Log Time for Your Attendance Management Tool Right Within Slack
Get started for free. No card required.
AttendanceBot is a solution for time tracking, office booking, shift planning, attendance, absence, leave scheduling, and hybrid work. It also enables you to swiftly log time, create approval flows, notify your team, and sync schedules with your Outlook, Google, or Apple calendar. The Attendancebot integration within Slack allows you to enjoy attendance bot time tracking and various of its other features without toggling between apps.
The Jibble productivity monitoring bot allows you to manage time, attendance, payroll, client billing, etc. within Slack. The users get the facility to clock in at the start and clock out at the end of the day. The data is synced in real-time to Slack. The users can track time spent on a specific task. The timesheets generated by the app can be used for payroll processing, client billing, and gaining insights through powerful reports.
Jibble is a suitable solution for companies of different scales and industries; construction companies, agencies, production, education, healthcare, law firms, services providers, etc, and also support Multi-device access.
Calamari provides complete HR management tools. With Calamari, get real-attendance tracking and leave management in Slack. Calamari provides access control for different types of users (regular employees/managers/admins). The users can inform their statuses: Attendance (clock-in/out), availability, absence, late arrival, overtime, time-off and vacation ( with types), etc.
Working timesheets and reports gathered through time tracking are exportable for payroll and invoicing. Moreover, users can set different types of reminders for leaves, birthdays, etc. with the multilevel approval process. Another important feature of Calamari is that companies get configurable PTO policies for the countries in which they operate in.
Calamari offers iBeacon technology linked to mobile devices to track attendance in the office, remote and hybrid work. It provides seamless integrations with Apple and Google apps, Office, Jira, Asana, Basecamp, and public API.
TimeCamp is a task management tool that integrates with Slack and enhances the time and task tracking capabilities of your team by minimizing context switching. TimeCamp app synchronizes tasks and items from your Slack account and adds them to projects in TimeCamp which maintain their current structure. This enables you to summarize the time spent on each Slack task in TimeCamp.
Additionally, you can also invite your team members assigned to a task in Slack in order to equip them with an all-in-one self-management tool.
TrackingTime Is a task-based time tracking app that enables you to manage your projects, track working times, measure productivity, and get automatic timesheets in real-time. Through its integration with Slack, you collaborate with your team in Slack, keep up with the progress of your projects and see the work status of your team members.
TrackingTime free plan offers a Slack integration feature. With the app’s timer, you can keep track of your time right within your projects and tasks in Slack. You can start tracking your time right from Slack with the TrackingTime Extension for Chrome and Firefox.
With Hubstaff, you get alerts directly within Slack that inform you when someone starts or stops tracking time. You also get notified when tasks are completed, irrespective of the project management integration you’re using with Hubstaff. As soon as a task is marked complete in Hubstaff, a Slack notification is received by the team. The automatic notifications make it easy to see who is available at any time. This way, the users learn who’s working and what task they’re currently focused on, which can help you decide whether it’s a good time to send a message or if they’re up against a deadline.
Everhour is time tracking software that helps users with billing, budgeting, expenses, and invoicing also. It has extensive features of visual planning and task management as well. Teams get the option to use a timer or log hours manually later to record activities as they work. You receive a day/week-wise message with a list of tasks that your employees have worked on and the total time worked and approved PTO requests are visible in a separate block. Everhour integrates with Slack. The Everhour time tracker button appears within Slack and the data generated can be transferred to Everhour for timesheets and reporting.
Harvest is a good time tracker for remote teams. It maintains visibility and transparency and tracks what workers are doing with periodic screenshots.
With Harvest integration you can start a timer from within Slack, making time tracking an easy swift process. Harvest also gives information about your projects and team right in Slack. Use Slack commands to start/stop timers and update project status. You can estimate how much time you’ve tracked to a project and how much budget is remaining and share the report with the rest of the Slack channel.
Toggl is a productivity tool with features like a Pomodoro timer and idle detection that streamlines time tracking of your work processes without context switching. The time tracker is available for the web app, desktop app, mobile app, or browser extension (Google Chrome and Firefox). Toggl Track’s browser extensions allow you to start the timer directly from online tools like Asana, Todoist, Trello and integrate Outlook, or Google Calendar into Toggl Track’s Calendar. Toggl Track also provides time entry suggestions
Once you’ve installed the add-on, the App Button will appear at the top right corner of the Slack app. After you’ve signed into the Toggl account, you can start using the Toggl Button to transfer time tracking information from Slack to the Toggl app.
RescueTime is an employee working hours tracker and productivity monitoring software. It tracks the amount of time an employee spends on different websites and apps during their work hours. It also enables employers to block distracting websites. RescueTime for Slack lets you instantly see the work status of your team. RescueTime for Slack enables to:
- Set custom Slack statuses and emojis that are automatically triggered based on the work in progress.
- Auto-trigger Slack’s ‘Do-Not-Disturb’ mode when you’re focused on your most important work.
Standard: $5 per user per month
Pro: $7.5 per user per month
Enterprise: $15 per user per month
Premium: $2.50 /month/ person
Ultimate: $5 /month/ person
Enterprise: custom pricing
Leave Management 2$ /employee /month
Clock-in/out $2.5 /employee /month
Enterprise: custom pricing
Free: up to 3 users
Pro: $5 /user /monthly, billed annually.
/ user / month, starting at 5 users
Free: 1 seat 2 projects
Pro: $12/seat/ month
Unlimited seats Unlimited projects