Slack helps you with team collaboration, audio/ video conferencing, goal-oriented meetings, brainstorming, sharing files, and creating shared calendars, notes, and memos. By integrating Slack with Remoty, you get a detailed account of time tracking/ person/ project/hour. In this article, we will discuss the most popular Slack Timesheets applications.
Slack is a well-known team communication platform supporting businesses of all sizes and scopes around the world. In fact, it is used by 65 of the Fortune Top 100 companies. It is developed by Slack Technologies and owned by Salesforce. It offers many IRC-style features, including real-time text messaging channels organized by topic, workspace, private groups, and direct messaging along with various server-side and client-side commands. Slack is available as a:
- Web app for browsers
- Mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
- Desktop app for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
What is Time Tracking?
Time tracking is a measure of how workspaces record the working time of team members and ensure teams are compensated accurately for their time. Time and attendance is a parent term that includes time tracking along with other elements like attendance, leaves, billable hours, and scheduling. The process of time tracking breaks down into three main components: Time entry, Approvals, and Reporting.
Time entry includes check-in/outs and breaks of members which collectively are called timestamps. The record of these timestamps is kept in a timesheet which is used to get insights into how much time was spent on different tasks, projects, and clients. Various manual and digital time tracking solutions are available today.
Who may use Timesheet Applications?
Time Trackers are ideal for:
- Remote workers
- Companies that bill by the hour
- Companies with hourly and part-time workers
- Non-profits and charities (for budgeting, cost estimations)
- HR Managers who want to improve their team’s productivity and time management skills
Benefits of using Timesheets
- Enhances concentration and dedication to work
- Help prioritize and manage tasks
- Improves teams’ s productivity and company’s profitability
- Fosters transparency and visibility
- Ensures accountability
- Prevents burnout
- Empowers team members
- Help plan on basis of budget calculations and cost estimations
Features of Timesheet Apps
- Quick to adapt, easy to use, and intuitive
- Employee payroll generation
- Simplified project management
- Time-tracking per person, per project, or per client
- Powerful reporting daily, weekly, and monthly
- Real-time, fact-based invoicing for clients
- Data exports of all aggregated time logs into CSV or PDF files
- Alerts and notifications
- Manual corrections
Buying factors to consider Timesheet Applications
- Tracking options
- Integration capabilities
- Multi Devise compatibility
- Cloud vs. on-premise
- Powerful and insightful Reporting
- Affordable pricing
Types of Time Tracking Software
There are various types of time tracking software designed according to the size and needs of different industries. The data generated through these time trackers is stored in timesheets for the record.
- Systems with swipe cards (suitable for on-premise employees)
- Clock in/clock out systems (timeclock devices)
- Timer systems (press a button to track time)
- Geolocation/geofencing systems (determines employee’s location, performs a punch-in, and records their mileage)
- Background tracking systems (capture the time users spend working with specific applications or web browser tabs)
- Systems with the manual recording (user log their hours against a task or a project themselves manually)
Top 13 Slack Timesheet Applications in 2022
Remoty is a Slack built-in tool ideal for in-office, distributed, hybrid, and remote teams. Remoty manages attendance efficiently, generates meaningful reports, and tracks times against the associated tasks. Remoty’s sync capability with essential applications like Asana/ ClickUp / Jira / Trello helps you stay in Slack and aggregate information onto a single platform. Its versatility and suitability for a diverse range of use cases make it a must-have for remote teams and freelancers. Remoty offers:
- Collaborative workspace
- Quick adoption for new teams
- Third-party integrations to optimize the entire workflow
- Convenience for Slack users, developers, HRs, and Clients
Remoty is a lightweight time tracking tool with a well-integrated team coordination system.
Remoty reinforces employee empowerment and aims to build a culture of responsibility and self-accountability among team members. With Remoty, teams diligently and voluntarily post their availability, efficiently manage tasks within limited time slots, readily get help on blockers from fellow teams, and create an atmosphere that nourishes connectivity, reliability, a sense of inclusion, and makes work a piece of cake.
Log Time for Your Timesheet Management Tool Right Within Slack
Request a Demo
ClickUp is a cloud-based powerful time-tracking software that fosters a culture of accountability and teamwork in the workforce and empowers your team to strive for more. It is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS-based) designed to digitalize the HR process and allow you to spend less time on administrative tasks and concentrate on priorities. The software has many rich features including communication and collaboration tools, task assignments and project statuses, document management, alerts, multiple views (list and Gantt chart), custom fields, workflow automation, and intuitive dashboards.
ClickUp Slack integration lets you:
- Tasks and Comments: Users can create tasks and comments from messages. They just have to navigate the “more actions” option besides a message to select the ClickUp Assistant options.
- Commands: In any channel, users simply type /clickup new to a new task, right from your Slack feed.
- Expand Tasks: When task links are posted in Slack, they are instantly enriched with detail, context, and the ability to perform actions with the task.
- Slack Notifications. Users receive notifications from the Space, Project, or List of your choice. The updates to tasks are automatically sent to the channel of their choice.
Business Plus: $19
Enterprise: contact sales
Jira is one of Atlassian’s proprietary issue tracking products that allows bug tracking and agile project management. The ease of use, subscription-based affordable pricing, and extensive range of features, including Project Management, Bug Tracking, Issue Tracking, and Workflow among others, make this Software as a Service solution one of the most attractive options for all business and tech companies. Its cloud hosting infrastructure is designed for optimal performance and reliability of the workforce around the globe.
With the Jira Cloud app, users stay up to date with customizable notifications sent from Jira Cloud to Slack channels. Once you’ve connected a project to your channel, Jira automatically previews Jira issues when they’re mentioned. You can also attach messages to Jira issues, letting you create connections with conversations, and view them directly within Jira Cloud. You can even create Jira tickets right within Slack.
Free for 10 users
Standard: $7.5 per user (average)
Enterprise: custom pricing
4. Quidlo Timesheets
Quidlo is a simple and clean tool to supervise work processes. Quidlo Timesheets is a time tracking tool especially dedicated to teams still using spreadsheets. It gives users more control over time logging and reporting than a spreadsheet while maintaining its simplicity. It is free for small teams. It offers an inbuilt chatbot. The users can log their work or view their activity in seconds, without ever leaving their conversation. The AI-powered bot is user-friendly and can be added to Slack in just a few clicks. The users just type timesheets and use them as they wish in DMs.
Pro: $39 / month billed monthly
Custom: contact sales
TrackingTime Is a task-based time tracking app that enables you to manage your projects, track working times, measure productivity, and get automatic timesheets in real-time. Through its integration with Slack, you collaborate with your team in Slack, keep up with the progress of your projects and see the work status of your team members.
TrackingTime free plan offers a Slack integration feature. With the app’s timer, you can keep track of your time right within your projects and tasks in Slack. You can start tracking your time right from Slack with the TrackingTime Extension for Chrome and Firefox.
Free: up to 3 users
Pro: $5 /user /monthly, billed annually.
AttendanceBot is a solution for time tracking, office booking, shift planning, attendance, absence, leave scheduling, and hybrid work. It also enables you to swiftly log time, create approval flows, notify your team, and sync schedules with your Outlook, Google, or Apple calendar. The Attendancebot integration within Slack allows you to enjoy attendance bot time tracking and various of its other features without toggling between apps.
Standard: $5 per user per month
Pro: $7.5 per user per month
Enterprise: $15 per user per month
Everhour is time tracking software that helps users with billing, budgeting, expenses, and invoicing also. It has extensive features of visual planning and task management as well. Teams get the option to use a timer or log hours manually later to record activities as they work. You receive a day/week-wise message with a list of tasks that your employees have worked on and the total time worked and approved PTO requests are visible in a separate block. Everhour integrates with Slack. The Everhour time tracker button appears within Slack and the data generated can be transferred to Everhour for timesheets and reporting.
|All-in-one: $8.50/ user / month, starting at 5 users|
The Jibble productivity monitoring bot allows you to manage time, attendance, payroll, client billing, etc. within Slack. The users get the facility to clock in at the start and clock out at the end of the day. The data is synced in real-time to Slack. The users can track time spent on a specific task. The timesheets generated by the app can be used for payroll processing, client billing, and gaining insights through powerful reports.
Jibble is a suitable solution for companies of different scales and industries; construction companies, agencies, production, education, healthcare, law firms, services providers, etc, and also support Multi-device access.
Premium: $2.50 /month/ person
Ultimate: $5 /month/ person
Enterprise: custom pricing
TimeCamp is a task management tool that integrates with Slack and enhances the time and task tracking capabilities of your team by minimizing context switching. TimeCamp app synchronizes tasks and items from your Slack account and adds them to projects in TimeCamp which maintain their current structure. This enables you to summarize the time spent on each Slack task in TimeCamp.
Additionally, you can also invite your team members assigned to a task in Slack in order to equip them with an all-in-one self-management tool.
Enterprise: custom pricing
With ClickTime, managers can visualize progress against key metrics, team goals, expenses per project, and project hours in real-time. ClickTime’s robust time tracking with Slack lets you log time quickly and conveniently without leaving your collaboration workspace. You can view daily and weekly timesheet totals and also fill in any missing entries manually. Use the ClickTime home dashboard and the “/ct” slash command to:
- Simplify time entry with shortcuts and quick commands
- Access the day’s time entries and total hours entered.
- View your weekly progress on completion requirements.
- Set your current ClickTime project or task as your Slack status
Starter: $12Team: $16
Premier: $20Enterprise plan: also available
With Hubstaff, you get alerts directly within Slack that inform you when someone starts or stops tracking time. You also get notified when tasks are completed, irrespective of the project management integration you’re using with Hubstaff. As soon as a task is marked complete in Hubstaff, a Slack notification is received by the team. The automatic notifications make it easy to see who is available at any time. This way, the users learn who’s working and what task they’re currently focused on, which can help you decide whether it’s a good time to send a message or if they’re up against a deadline.
Teamdeck for Slack utilizes the messaging feature of Slack to bring the most important information from your Teamdeck workplace to your selected Slack channels. With Teamdeck Slack sync, you get:
- weekly resource availability summary
- daily bookings status notifications
- notifications about members on vacation and pending vacation requests
- daily timesheet reminders (if you haven’t added their time entries for the day)
The shortcuts enable you to:
- fill the timesheets directly from slack with the ‘add time entry’ button on the notifications
- request a vacation directly from Slack using the Request Vacation Slack Shortcut
- check the availability of the team using Available Resources Slack Shortcut
Basic resource: $1 / per month
Team member: $3.99 / per month
13. Time Doctor
TimeDoctor is an employee time tracking app that helps you measure and analyze how your team spends its time with a complete breakdown of work hours and breaks taken. It also gives insights on who’s the best performer on the team on the basis of data collected from timesheets and reports. Its automated screenshots system records what web pages and apps each employee uses.